Rice and Seafood Salad
2 bags X-Fine Asparagus Spears 4”
1 box Boil in Bag Rice Cooked & Chilled
1 box Wild Rice Cooked & Chilled
1 jar Pitted Salt Cured Olives (14oz)
1 lb Cooked 200-300 Shrimp
4 oz portion Smoked Salmon Shredded
1 bunch Fresh Scallions Chopped
Chopped Fresh Seasonal Herbs
Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1. Thaw and pat dry all vegetables except the roasted tomatoes. Cut asparagus into bite size pieces.
- 2. Cook diced artichoke bottoms to remove citrus flavors if present, chill, reserve.
- 3. Cook both rice packets according to directions without seasoning to make a 3 to 1 ratio of white to wild rice and a total of 12 cups.
- 4. Combine peas, baby carrots, roasted tomatoes, aspargus, artichoke, cornichons, rice, olives, shrimps, salmon, scallions, herbs and keep chilled.
- 5. To make the dressing, combine mustard, light mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper, adjust seasonings to taste.
- 6. To serve add dressing to the salad and let sit for 15 minutes in cooler.
- 7. Tip: Dress only what you are serving and serve at once as the vinegar will wilt and discolor the veg as well as continue to cook your seafood.