Boneless Quails with Forest mushrooms
1 bag Parisian Carrots
1 bag Forest Mushroom Mix
36 pc Small Artichoke Bottoms
2 Echire Unsalted Butter Cups
3 oz Shallots
6 Potato Rosettes
12 pc Quail
6 oz Cooked Ham
1/2 pint Heavy Cream
1 tsp Cognac
- 1. Sauté the frozen mushrooms until the water reduces and chop them finely.
- 2. Sauté the shallots and ham thinly diced then add the mushrooms. Flambé with cognac and add the cream, salt and pepper. Cook slowly for few minutes.
- 3. Boned the quail from each side so you do not cut the skin to open them. Stuff them with the preparation above. Put a small knob of butter on each quail and a branch of thyme.
- 4. Roll the bird in an aluminum foil.
- 5. Preheat a sauté pan in a very hot oven (475°F) and put the quails inside. After 5 minutes, turn over the quails and finish cooking them for about 10 minutes.
- 6. During that time sauté the artichokes bottoms with olive oil and finish cooking them in the quail juice.
- 7. Cook the carrots in boiling water. Cool down in cold water.
- 8. Put 2 quails on a potato rosette in the middle of the plate and 3 artichokes bottoms around topped with carrots.
- 9. Sauce: Quail juice.
Vegetable Ragout Cassolette, Grilled Tuna Tulip, Foie Gras Escalopes, Spiced-Rubbed Beef Churrasco with Mild or Spicy Salsa