Galette des Rois
2 1/2 Sheet Puff Pastry
9 oz Granulated Sugar
9 oz Unsalted Butter
9 oz Almond Meal
4 Whole Eggs
2 oz Flour
0,8 oz Rum
1 Small Ceramic Figurine
- 1. Frangipane:
- 2. Using the whisk attachment in a mixer, cream the sugar and butter together.
- 3. Add almond meal and continue whisking at medium speed.
- 4. Add eggs one at a time.
- 5. Gradually incorporate flour. Add rum and vanilla to finished batter.
- 6. Fill pastry bag with finished frangipane.
- 7. Cut a 14"" round into each puff sheet.
- 8. Pipe frangipane evenly on one round, leaving a 1"" border
- 9. Place the ceramic figuring on the frangipane.
- 10. Egg wash border. Place other puff pastry round on top of frangipane layer.
- 11. Press egg washed, 1"" borders together firmly.
- 12. Flip the galette over and egg wash. Score the top and edges as desired.
- 13. Store frozen until baking.
- 14. Bake from frozen in a convection oven at 350ºF for 45 minutes or until golden brown..
Raspberry Craquant, Sweet Plantain in a Crispy Brick Shell, Mango & Sweet Plantain on Vanilla Stick & Saffron Sauce, Red Fruits Pavlova