Lamb in a Crust of Forest Mushrooms
16 oz Forest Mushrooms Mix
2 feuilles de Brick Dough
12 oz Brittany Blend
1 oz Echire Unsalted Butter Cup
4 oz Shallots
1 oz Raisins
1 Lamb saddle
6 oz Couscous
1 oz Slivered almonds
1 tsp Icing sugar
0.4 oz Clarified butter
1 oz Olive oil
7 fl oz Water
Salt & pepper
- 1. Bonned the lamb saddle.
- 2. Sauté the filet in a frying pan on each side.
- 3. Sauté the thinly diced shallots and add the forest mix mushrooms. Cook until the water reduces then chop them thinly.
- 4. Spread the mushrooms on 2 brick dough. Put one filet on each and roll the feuille de brick around. Brush with clarified butter.
- 5. Put the lamb on a sheet pan and bake in the preheated oven at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- 6. Meanwhile, put the almonds and the icing sugar in a saucepan and cook until caramelized. Add the raisins, couscous and olive oil. Toss all ingredients together and add to boiling water. Cover.
- 7. Sauté direct from frozen stage the Brittany blend with the butter.
- 8. When the couscous is soaked, arrange a circle in the middle of the plate. Place 5 slices of lamb on top, and the Brittany blend around.
- 9. Sauce: Lamb demi glace with beurre noisette.