Mango & Sweet Plantain on Vanilla Stick & Saffron Sauce
12 oz Sweet Plantains
12 oz Mango Chunks Grade A
Echire Unsalted Butter
4 Vanilla Beans
8 oz Milk
1.7 oz Sugar
3 Egg Yolk
- 1. Cut the vanilla beans in half length wise. Remove the vanilla seeds that you set aside for the sauce. Dry the vanilla beans in the oven at 150°F for one hour.
- 2. Cut the plantains in 6 to 8 pieces and put them on the vanilla stick alternatively with the mango chunks.
- 3. Bring the milk to boil with some of the vanilla seeds. Mix the egg yolk and sugar with a wisk, and poor over the milk. Cook on the stove until creamy texture but do not boil. Infuse few saffron pistil and cool down.
- 4. In a fry pan, sauté the fruit brochette on each side with some butter.
- 5. Place two brochettes on a plate and the saffron sauce around.
Raspberry Craquant, Sweet Plantain in a Crispy Brick Shell, Galette des Rois, Red Fruits Pavlova