2 WT Puff Pastry 1/2 Sheet
1 bunch Italian Parsley
1oz Butter - Pat
1 Thyme Sprig
8oz Crème Fraiche
1 Bay Leaf - Whole
- 1. Peel potatoes and place in water until slicing. Thinly slice the potatoes.
- 2. Add the minced onion to the potatoes and mix together.
- 3. Chop parsley and add to the potatoes.
- 4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Cut one circle in each 1/2 sheet pastry dough.
- 6. Strain any residual water from potato mixture. Place potatoes on one dough circle leaving a 1/2 inch perimeter.
- 7. Place pat of butter, thyme sprig and bay leaf on top of potatoes.
- 8. With the beaten egg, brush the 1/2 perimeter and add the other dough
- 9. on top. Press firmly on the edge to close the pie, and make a small hole in the center, then egg wash.
- 10. Bake for 45 minutes at 350ºF.
- 11. With a knife, cut a 2 to 3 inch circle in the middle. Add the crème fraiche.
- 12. Bake for another 15mn at 320ºF.
- 13. Before serving, remove thyme sprig and bay leaf.
- 14. Cut and serve as a side dish or serve as an entrée garnished with iceberg lettuce.
Maple Walnut Brussel Sprout and Chestnuts, Green Beans With Glazed Shallots, Ratatouille Croustilland With Crumbled Goat Cheese